GET MESSY 2017 | COLOUR | WEEK 1

As I mentioned in my previous post, we are starting a new season in the Get Messy Art Journal Community - The Season of COLOUR!

As a real rainbow kind of artist, I am so excited !!! 


More is More!
- felt tips, watercolour, ink, acrylic paint

Responding to Iris Apfels' famous quote. That lady is seriously my icon! I recently watched a documentary about her life that I documented here and I couldn't of been more inspired!





Red
- felt tips, ink, watercolour, pen, collage

Thinking about how emotions can manifest themselves through colour and using my fave, Taylor Swift to illustrate this. 



What can you create? 
- felt tips, ink, collage

I made this spread after watching Vanessa's video tutorial (this is actually a quote from it!). 
Again, the subject being finding your current self through colour. How to show yourself, right now, in the spectrum.  

I felt like blue and orange were the perfect contrasts to reflect my recent feelings of torn joy. I spoke about this in my recent daily moleskine post too - that feeling of one thing going great to only be counteracted by something not so great a few days later. It can make me feel unsettled but also quite determined!



I'm finally using my bluesky papers sketchbook !!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------


Get Messy Art Journal is an art journaling program/community. We are a group of like minded art journalers who have come together under this art form to learn, share, practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. Our community values consistent creating, encouragement and support and trying new things. We would love to have you join us as a member of Get Messy Art Journal. Join Get Messy now! " 

No comments